Have you ever made a bucket list?
Today I decided to give it a try; a summer bucket list to be more specific. Ready, set, go…
- Trust God with all my heart. I made this one #1 because … being the Type A planner, goal-achiever, and “obsesser” that I am – this isn’t the easiest task at all. Sometimes I admittingly try to control things that are just completely out of my control. So cheers to giving this over to God … (which is most definitely easier said than done).
- Move downtown. Something about this makes me officially feel like a grown up! It’s… actually happening!
- Write a letter to me that I can open up in 10 years. How artsy is that?
- Read at least 10 books. Have you ever heard that the more books you read, the better writer you become? It’s true my darlings.
- Watch a sunrise from Mount Bonnell in Austin. Have you Austinites been? It’s a must.
- We are packing up and heading to The Bahamas (favorite place in the world) as well as LA this summer.
- Plant a garden. This is something my brother absolutely excels at and that trait didn’t so much carry on to me (probably because it has to do with patience…). But hey, it’s going to happen.
- Work less, play harder. Seriously guys, I’ve been working since I was 16. It’s ingrained in my bones. Is there a manual on how to take a break?
- Go to a drive-in movie.
- Get a speech coach. This is something that has been put on my heart and I’m incredibly excited about. The way we communicate to people is such an important part of not only your career life but personal life as well. I’m so blessed to learn from one of the best bosses, Kendra Scott, and see that speaking eloquently is an essential part of the business.
- Go to a zoo. Ha, you guys – I’m serious! Stay tuned on snapchat…
- Take cooking classes.
- Teach Chloe how to heel. Okay, maybe someone else will be helping me do this…
- Visit Disney. WE ARE DOING THIS!
- Go on a picnic. Y’all this is cute. It’s gonna happen.
What’s on your bucket list this summer? Would love to hear what you guys are up to! PS — scroll down for outfit deets + we’ve updated our shop section this week, be sure to shop around here! XOXO