What’s in my makeup bag?
Not a whole lot actually; I pretty much swear by the same beauty products day-to-day. For most days out of the week, I go au natural – some days not even wearing any makeup at all. If I do decide to swipe on some makeup, less is more.
If you feel the same, you’re in luck; it’s just the makeup routine I’ve listed below. The best part? Most of my makeup hacks below are from the shiny counters of Nordstrom – and with great shipping and returns, you can’t go wrong with trying a new piece of makeup or two!
- CC Cream: Supergoop! CC cream in light/medium – This is my everyday go-to! The best lightweight foundation around, sometimes I don’t even add foundation or powder on top of this because it has a mattifying tint to it. The best part? It has SPF, heart eyes. And it’s from Nordy’s.
- Matte Powder Foundation: bareMinerals Matte Foundation Powder – Here’s the super lightweight cherry on top of the CC cream…a matte powder gets rid of any shine + you can continuously add layers until you reach the coverage you like. I suggest using this brush – you won’t regret it.
- Bronzer: MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural – I actually don’t wear blush just because I feel like I always put it on wrong (ha!), so bronzer is my easy go-to. I use color: “Give me sun!” and have been using it spring-to-summer-to-fall-to-winter for years!
- Natural Looking Under-Eye Liner: MAC ‘Embark’ Eyeshadow + angled brush – I’ve been wearing eyeshadow under my eyes since high school to create a super soft line above the low lash line and I’ll never go back. I use the angled brush to lightly outline the eye with a dark brown color – which looks natural and lasts for hours.
- Natural Top Eye Liner: Bobbi Brown Longer Gel Eyeliner is my favorite for all-day wear. I don’t always wear this on the daily, but the best part if I do? On days I want to look natural, I use the Gel Eyeliner in “Espresso” (a dark brown, not black) and only swipe a little bit of liner to the outer edges of my lids. For a more dramatic look, I also love making a dramatic cateye with this liner! I use this brush to gel on the goodness, which is also found at Nordstrom!
- Hold the eye-shadow, and instead – go natural by just adding the above bronzer to your lids! That’s a two-in-one! Ditch the eye-shadow, brush this or your bronzer on your eyelids and drama up those lashes, beauties; I love the way a natural eyelid looks with a small top liner and dramatized lash.
- Mascara: Too Faced Mascara – my new obsession for volume and length, I seriously haven’t used a mascara this good in years! I apply it once (lathering it on every lash – this takes me awhile), wait 1 minute and let it dry – then re-apply for a more dramatic effect, focusing on the outer eyelashes to draw out those longer lashes on the side! I found this mascara via: @cmcoving.
- Brows: Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Pencil – I just started using this brow pencil and I’m addicted (and I’m not the only one). The Anastasia team has mastered the brow game and I’m smitten. I use color: dark brown.
- Under-eye Concealer: If you’re looking for a thicker coverage, Tarte Shape Tape is incredible. Being half Persian, I have quite the dark undereyes, so I personally love it!
- Lip Pencil – MAC Lip Pencil Color ‘Boldly Bare’ – I use this color because it goes with almost every “natural” lipstick ever!
- A Nude Lip – Too Faced Natural Nudes Lipstick; I love this one for: you guessed it – a natural nude!
As I mentioned before, most of my natural makeup bag is from Nordstrom – making it a quick and easy one-stop-shop for all things fashion and beauty related. Click on the thumbnails below to shop more! XOX
Photos by Divina Stennfeld
Thank you, Nordstrom, for sponsoring this post. All opinions are my own.