In 2018, I traveled more than I ever have before.
Blessed with the gift to work away from home – I jetsetted around from The Bahamas to Mexico all the way to Canada and stops in between. The trips consisted of different agendas. One was ministry-based to visit a strong @my_darling_diary follower who couldn’t walk; others were to photograph at the beach – and yet another was to conference and network it up. Which leads me to meeting my new skincare queen – Colleen Rothschild at the rewardStyle conference in Dallas.
Who is Colleen Rothschild? At the blogger conference in Dallas, I showed up to a scheduled meeting an hour in advance (by mistake – by the way) — and found myself sitting next to the most beautiful woman – dressed in a power red with beautiful blonde short and striking locks. By mistake, I asked if she was a blogger (l-o-l) and then I learned she was the founder of one of my f-a-v-o-r-i-t-e brands (Dallas based! and close to home!). First, I learned about her Radiant Cleansing Balm and haven’t gone back. It’s a face wash you can use without water, and it’s genius for flights, for late nights, for traveling, or anytime you’re in a crunch. Since then, I’ve mixed Colleen’s Radiant Cleansing Balm into my solely-Tula based skin routine, specifically when it comes to late nights and flights. Not only that, these 100% cotton (and washable) Muslin Cleansing Cloths make the process all the easier. The best part? I’ve teamed up with the Colleen Rothschild team to give you girls 20% off – use code JESSI20 at checkout for 20% off your purchase!
Which leads me back to travel: after traveling so much this year, I can say I learned a thing or two about taking care of myself in the midst of long flights and hectic schedules. A lot of this has to do with sleep, exercise, and fresh air; but it also has to do with using the right skincare products.
I learned that hydrating your skin is essential at any time, but more than ever when you’re traveling by plane. Notice you break out after flying? The lack of humidity in planes dries out your skin dramatically and it’s essential to consistently moisturize when up in the air. Leading me to Beauty Water by Colleen Rothschild; in fact, now I can’t live with out it; I spritz it on mid flight to keep my skin refreshed! I also added in a few of my other favorite products from Colleen (like a hand lotion – hello dry cold hands in travel, etc.). And this leads me to my travel must-have list. Here goes:
- A journal. I bring a diary/journal with me every time I travel! When I forget one, I snatch one up in the airport. I love writing about my experiences while away, praying, and using journals to remember restaurants I tried or people I met.
- Extra cash. For tips!
- Two portable chargers. Hands-down a must.
- The Colleen Radiant Cleansing Balm. Use this to wash/cleanse your face sans water when out working late or traveling on-the-go. use code JESSI20 at checkout for 20% off
- One extra long iPhone charger for hotel rooms that have outlets far far away.
- Beauty Water. It’s exactly that! Take care of your skin on the plane; use Colleen’s Beauty Water to freshen up and spritz in the air. use code JESSI20 at checkout for 20% off
- This travel umbrella.
- Colleen Rothschild’s Restorative Hand Cream — a perfect tag-along on the plane, at the beach, or in cold weather.
- This under-eye concealer in my bag; you never know when the eye circles get heavy.
- These hair ties – they are the best for traveling and I love how they protect your hair from getting damaged and keep your curls intact.
- Extra mints, extra gum; you never know!
And that’s what I have packed in my travel bag. What travel essentials do you pack? Be sure to shop my favorites by Colleen Rothschild below, don’t forget to use code JESSI20 at checkout for 20% off (excludes sale) if you’re interested in stocking up on some CR goodies! and happy jetsetting, darlings! XO
Thank you, Colleen Rothschild, for sponsoring this post. All opinions are my own.
Photos by Divina Stennfeld