Dishing beauty products seems to be all the rage on Instagram stories these days–but I wanted to come at it from a different angle. My goal as blogger or influencer is not to tell you that you need a lot of beauty products to feel beautiful – you are beautiful; just as you are. But over the years as I started to grow out my hair again, recover my skin from years of stress, and to simplify my makeup routine – I’ve fallen in love with certain products that accentuate a more natural look. With the help of a lot of professionals along the way, I’ve learned the best products for that everyday gorgeous. Examples of this change in my personal day-to-day include: switching from an all-day-wear foundation to a light CC cream, growing out my hair using specific enriching products, and less is more when it comes to eye makeup. Read on below for the tips and tricks I’ve learned along the way.
Top 5 Products I Use for Taking Care of My Skin:
Coming from someone who beat a past of acne, it’s a good idea to treat your skin with a lot of love and much-needed, good-product respect.
- The best of the best for skincare: Tula’s Purifying Face Cleanser, Pro-Glycolic 10% PH Resurfacing Gel, and Hydrating Day & Night Cream. I can’t say enough about Tula and what these products have meant to the health of my skin. If you haven’t read my post on how I changed my skin, read it here! Use code: JESSI for 20% off orders
- Rose Quartz Crystal Facial Roller – This pretty roller not only feels amazing on my jaws, it has a bunch of health benefits–including helping to boost natural collagen, circulation, and lymph drainage. Put it in the fridge to cool it down, put on moisturizer before – and it just feels so dreamy.
- Isle of Paradise Tanning Drops – You drop 2-3 drops of this in your moisturizer and you get a little self-tanner over night, while moisturizing. I just started using it 2-3 times a week and I love it for a little extra color in the face – no sunshine or additional fake tanner needed. It’s a great way to keep your skin healthy and protect it from damaging rays of the sun.
- CC Cream: Supergoop! CC cream in light/medium – This is my everyday go-to! The best lightweight foundation around, sometimes I don’t even add foundation or powder on top of this because it has a mattifying tint to it. The best part? It has SPF, heart eyes. And it’s from Nordy’s.
- bareMinerals Matte Foundation Powder – Here’s the super lightweight cherry on top of the CC cream…a matte powder gets rid of any shine + you can continuously add layers until you reach the coverage you like. I suggest using this brush – you won’t regret it.
Top 5 Products for My Everyday Natural Makeup Look:
A little bit of brow, under-eye concealer and mascara can go a long way. Natural is the new new.
- Hypnôse Drama Instant Full Volume Mascara – smooth, clean – volume and length all in one. I love this one because it’s not that clumpy but still does the best work! I keep coming back to it!
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow & Brush – the most natural and efficient brow method I’ve used. It also stays all day.
- MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural – the best bronzer around. You won’t regret it.
- Tarte Shape Tape Under-Eye Concealer – the thickest and most efficient under-eye around.
- Mary Kay Pro Palette – I use super natural colors and I’ve never found a shadow that stays so long – I’m talking all-day, no creasing, natural color. Can you tell I’m smitten? If I wear eyeshadow (which isn’t everyday), I only wear this one! I’m that obsessed. My favorites are: “hazelnut,” “glazed,” “latte,” and “burnished bronze.”
Top 5 Products I Use for Keeping My Hair Healthy & Growing it Out:
Coming from someone who killed their hair via heat, extensions and stress, year 2 of growing it out I’ve learned a thing or two. Here are the products I’m using to grow it out healthy and happy again.
- Olaplex Hair Perfector No 3 Repairing Treatment – The best hair mask for recovering your hair, recommended by my hair stylist! It’s an at-home treatment that strengthens and protects your hair structure.
- Sugar Bear Hair Gummies – I love these little vitamin gummies and I swear they work. After I started using them, I noticed my hair growing exponentially faster.
- Ouai Rose Hair Oil – Using a hair oil on the daily on my ends (tip: don’t use too much) has helped immensely in growing out. This rose-gold hair and body oil is a mix of nutrient-rich oils from all over the world.
- Bumble + Bumble Dry Shampoo – I try to wash my hair only twice a week to prevent putting heat on it from re-styling. I love using dry shampoo (tip: spray it on right after your work out or before bed)
- This brush for combing hair – Your hair is most sensitive when it’s wet – I’ve also heard wooden combs work for not tearing your hair.
There you have it! My top 5 – I hope this helps some of you out if you’re dealing with any of the issues above! XO J