Every year I tell everyone that I’m so excited for summer because its the season when everything calms down.
But in all reality: do things ever calm down? Nope – somehow I’m finding myself busier than ever. Regardless, I’ve decided it’s more about my point of view on how to spend my time, versus life actually calming down. Life won’t get less busy, but you’ll find me finding ways to make it feel calmer this summer. Who’s with me? So here’s what’s new on our end:
- Last week Chloe and I moved to a different apartment — check out our new patio furniture (so. cute.)
- I don’t know about you guys — but I find denim shorts to be so uncomfy. Finally found a pair that are so soft, you’ll forget you’re wearing them. Check out these boyfriend shorts here.
- My mom and I just booked a mother-daughter trip to Mackinac Island, MI (we used to live in Michigan!) for a restful, quintessential all-American trip at the tip of our childhood memories (and Michigan!)
- My newest endeavor: finding ways to drink 1 collagen smoothie once a day (hello great skin, hair, and gut!). Do you guys have any recipe recommendations?
- I’m obsessing over this swimsuit – and it’s on sale!
- The Darling Detail office is gluten and dairy free (are you surprised?) — and we found a new gluten and dairy free sugar brand (tho we try to limit sugar intake!). It’s called Better Bites (and we’re obsessed with the Mostess) and it’s from the beautiful Austin, TX. In case you were wondering, we are O-B-S-E-S-S-E-D.
- I’m teaming up with a bunch of bloggers to give away a whole lotta ah-mazing prices. Find out how to enter here.
- I’m currently re-doing my living room and I can’t wait to share. Eye-ing this on-sale couch for an accent piece in the living room. Too girly? What do you guys think?
- I’m in the market for a good summer read. Anyone have any ideas?
- My all-in-one summer tote; I seriously can’t get enough of these girls. Find my favorite tote here.