My favorite part about dressing for summer is the simplicity of it all. As for Texas, add any layers or accessories and suddenly everything feels way too hot (you know that clammy-everything-sticks-to-my-skin-feeling?). But simplicity is good because: 1. It’s easy on the wallet, and 2. It’s a great way to dress down and minimize your style for a season. A lot of what I put on the blog is fun, trendy, fast-fashion clothes; but a lot of what I wear around town are extremely casual pieces…SO I’m going to take you through my favorite casual staples for this summer.
- Intimates: A lot of you girls ask what kind of bras I wear, since I do post so many off-the-shoulder pieces. Here are my favorites: The Free People Strapless Bra holds up (as best as they can do!) and has been the best option I’ve found so far that doesn’t show through clothes. Free People Bralette is a comfier option, but often shows if the shirt is more see-through!
- Denim Shorts: Levi’s has got you covered. I’m obsessed with these denim babes by Levi’s. I order tons and tons of shorts to test them out and have been sending them back for years – these are some of the first ones I’ve kept in a long time. They have some negative reviews based on sizing (make sure you note the sizing), but I’m a huge fan. Here are my favorite pair of white denim shorts.
- Linen Shorts: Second year of owning these shorts and I’m smitten. Stay away from the white ones; they are see through! These shorts run large though, I’m regularly an XS – and I have to order an XS petite; otherwise they fall off!
- White Jeans (there’re 2!): I have two favorites 1. The high-end pair; been wearing Paige for years – love Paige Verdugo white denim as they last multiple years and seasons. 2. The $60 pair – these jeans do stretch a bit, but they’re such a good price and good quality!
- Go-to Pullover: The sleeves on this summer-perfected-pullover–you just can’t beat them. How cute! I love wearing this babe to the airport.
- The Perfect Tee: Free People steals the show with this classic white tee. I love throwing this T-shirt on over workout gear and heading to my favorite spin studio, barre class or gym. In the above photo, I’m also featuring this (super soft) everyday striped tee ($39) and the cutest one-shoulder crop.
- Wear-It-Everywhere T-Shirt Dress: When it comes to everyday comfort — t-shirts, stripes, pocket tees, and more are my go-to’s. I just recently discovered this knit shift dress — which I adore for day-to-night casual summer transitions.
- Athleisure Leggings: I am not kidding when I say I live in these Outdoor Voices leggings. The tight grip and fit is super flattering, the high-waisted silhouette is ideal for a tight-fitted legging, and the colors are to die for. If you catch me running errands around Austin, you’ll definitely find me in a pair of these athleisure leggings. The white ones are my favorite!
- Flip Fops: I can’t say I’m much of a Tory Burch girl, *except* for the exception of the Miller Flip Flops. I have been wearing these flip flops for about 6 years now (these babes have endured 2 euro-trips, walking in big cities, all over the 50 acres at UT, endured a few frat parties (whoops)!). Yep, these kicks are durable! I’m on my fourth pair of them in that many years – as they last through all of my crazy travel and activities.
- All-in-one Tote: Ah, the Street Level Vegan Leather tote. My true love — I have about 5 of these totes and they have most definitely captured my heart over the years. I fit everything in here – makeup bag, curling iron, Chloe’s food, 4 pairs of sunglasses, t-shirts, w-h-a-t-e-v-e-r. You name it, it’s in this bag. This bag is priced right under $50 and you will love it as much as I do! Especially for the beach!