If you follow on instagram, you’ve probably seen how in love we are with The Bahamas.
Have you guys been? It’s magical. Every time I go I feel like I come back a different person…
- The people. I don’t think I’ve ever traveled to a place with more beautiful locals – inside and out. It’s safe to say that my family and I have made friends with a good number of the Bahamians. The people around the islands are some of the sweetest, most welcoming, and happiest people I’ve ever met – and the kindness is contagious. We all need more of that, don’t we?
- The water. Turquoise waters is an understatement when you feel like you’re floating in heaven. I spent most the trip swimming in the ocean and even opening my eyes underneath the water (probably not too healthy, but hey #yolo).
- The weather. We were anticipating a big tropical storm when we went – and instead all we were blessed with was blue skies and a couple of showers at night. I saw my first double rainbow last week (such a God-given experience) and it was such a blessing. You’re pretty much guaranteed gorgeous weather, even in the midst of hurricane season.
- The sands. White sandy beaches, you got it! We love shooting here for blog posts since the backdrop is so flawlessly effortless.
- Exuma Islands. It was our first trip to see one of the many Exuma Islands and it definitely won’t be our last. If you’re looking for heaven on earth –you can find it on Exuma! (Plus you can also feed pigs who like to run in water too – not a bad package deal!)