If you’ve seen me around Austin, you’ve probably noticed that I practically live in lounge-wear.
Yes, confession: I don’t constantly run around town in most of the trendy pieces I post on my Instagram (shhh… its true: my life isn’t … that exciting!). Rather, I spend a lot of my time in comfortable loungewear, since I’m always in between shoots, meetings, or headed to style-related appointments that require me to be dressed up.
With that being said, the main reason is that loungewear is what I feel most comfortable in. This is where the Nike selection at Nordstrom comes into play. I love the breath-ability of Nike loungewear, as the brand effortlessly meets my requirements of feeling comfortable and looking absolutely chic and on-trend (can we talk about these pink shoes?!). Putting the style aside, feeling comfortable goes along the lines of living a healthier and more positive life — which is something I’m trying to work on, being a busy-bee 23-year-old. I thought I would share 5 things I’ve changed about my routine in 2016 (along with my favorite Nike go-to’s: obsessed with this sports bra for any type of work out) — that allow me to live a healthier and more comfortable life. (By no means am I a profesh, but I can tell you that these 5 steps have worked for me). Let’s go:
5 steps I have taken to feel healthier and more comfortable, on a daily basis:
- Drink water, a lot of it. Although I still struggle with this … I’ve learned through 23 years of trial and error that it affects everything: my sleep patterns, energy levels, my skin (something I’ve struggled with for a long time – my bestie Courtney taught me this!), and more. I’ve come to realize that drinking water should be put on a schedule (I have to think of it as similar to the meals in a day) and that sticking to a regime is well worth the effort.
- Cut out or down on gluten. Sigh – this is something I (sadly) decided to do when I found out both my brother and mom have severe gluten (and other food) allergies (and that I probably have them as well). However, I’ve found that cutting out gluten has reduced my fatigue immensely and I have renewed energy that I have never felt before! You betcha I’m converted.
- Rest. Sometimes, just taking an extra second to sit at a coffee shop or stare out a window for an extra second (or minute or two) allows me to feel thankful for whatever I’m doing in the present moment. So much of our daily lives are consumed with to-do lists — so making rest a part of that to-do list has become quite the treat.
- Dress it down. Often it’s just more comfortable to dress it down and wear more loungewear. You heard it here. Active wear is chic and it’s here to stay. I’m absolutely loving these vintage-inspired capris and hoodies for out-and-about wear. Of course, being a blogger, I do believe that dressing the part is important as well — and I’m loving these pink sneaks for a cute pop-of-color in the dress-it-down principle.
- Exercise. I get a lot of questions about my workout regime. I work out 4x a week, with spin (such fun cardio) and barre (so good, so toning) being my favorite types of workout classes. I love working out, and it’s become my favorite past-time [especially when single ;)], but I do understand that it is important to not overdo it as well.
Chloe and I hit the courthouse downtown for a dressed-down photo shoot in head-to-toe Nike loungewear via Nordstrom. Shop the post below. XO
Thank you, Nordstrom, for sponsoring this post. All opinions are my own.