This last weekend, I went to see Adele with my best girl friends.
As if her *insane* vocals and majestic performance weren’t enough, I think Adele shocked us all with how personal she got with all of us at the Frank Erwin Center. I’m such an overanalyzer — so naturally I’m always overthinking every song I hear, all the time. My favorite part about Adele was that she explained each and every song: why she wrote it, who it was about, how it made her feel. I absolutely adored how personal she got with her followers and admired her transparency throughout the whole concert.
In light of that, I wanted to post some photos that my adorable German/Austin friend Brittany took during my little Paris trip last month on the blog today anyway (since our regular shoot got rained out last week). So I thought why not take some notes from the so-very-inspiring Adele and include some personal bits from me.
Thus here are 10 little things that I’m working on that I thought I could share with you all. I am:
- Practicing how to say “no.” This was actually something Adele brought up in the concert as well. One of the most important things you can learn in life is a simple no. It’s not easy, and quite frankly it takes practice. But setting boundaries is always worth [over] doing for yourself and to be transparent, it’s important to your sanity. I’m currently exercising this and it’s a s-t-r-u-g-g-l-e.
- Trusting my intuition. It speaks wonders.
- Getting cozy and comfortable. I’m trying to incorporate this more into the IG account and the blog, cause feeling comfortable has so much to do with your everyday confidence. I’m currently writing this in my favorite oversized pullover, Outdoor Voices sweatpants, and converse sneaks. Comfort, achieved.
- Practicing forgiveness. A hard-to-learn lesson and a necessary one; no matter what phase of life you’re in or who you are, forgiveness is a simple act and is soulfully for you, and not the other person that you may be forgiving. Let. it. go.
- Cutting my daily dose of caffeine down to one cup of coffee. Y’all the struggle is #real — but this is my current goal. LMK if you have any tips on this one 🙂 .
- Practicing no judgment, no comparison zone.
- Dancing it out. Y’all this works! Remember, #nottoday
- Taking breaks; lots of them. I have a pretty intense work ethic (not sure where that came from), but this year I’ve learned how to turn overworking into working with just enough relaxing and recharging. Rest is just as important as knocking off never-ending to-do’s.
- Smilinggggg, it’s contagious. 🙂 🙂 🙂
- Walking it out. You guys, I love walking Chloe. It’s one of the most peaceful times of my whole day. Grab a friend, a dog, or your iPhone and take them for a promenade.