And when I say favorite — I mean hands-down, absolute little-mini skirt favorite. This adorable cheetah mini skirt by Topshop (is on SALE y’all!) and is most definitely the definition of timeless. Ever heard of leopard print going out of style? I didn’t think so. I plan on transitioning this little mini from summer to fall (pair it with tights and booties — how cute!) and then back again to spring.
In this #ootd post, I paired this little leopard mini with a favorite pink Crinkled Split Back Top by Chelsea28, which is a great basic to dress up (and add a pop of color to) any summer ensemble. I added in my favorite little pale pink Michael Kors handbag (you guys, I’m smitten!) and some darling kicks. How would you style this mini?
Happy Saturday, darlings! I’m incredibly excited to spill some extra exciting news that has had me meticulously planning away for the past few weeks. So drumroll, please…. because…. I’m partnering with Royal Caribbean this week! (Pinch me!) And that means I’m packing my bags, grabbing my sunscreen and flip flops, and setting sail for a week-long cruise summer getaway!
Why Royal Caribbean? Living in Austin makes hopping on over to Galveston effortlessly simple compared to taking a flight to other vacation getaways. A quick 3-hour drive is no biggy when you live in the large state of Texas — so a cruise has always been a no-brainer in my family’s vacay plans. I’m excited to bring along the bro-tographer this week on this royal cruise and create/share some fabulous Caribbean, summer, fun, fashion magic!
But before we cruise — we pack, we prepare, and we get ready to relax the week away! If you’re like me (and like almost everyone I know), you may also absolutely dread that whole… packing thing. Mixing and matching outfits once out to sea and randomly throwing on unplanned #ootd’s just does’t work for this fashion blogger. Thus, I created a new strategy for planning all those extra details when it comes to packing for a summer vacay. Here are a few of my favorite summer-packing tips::
1. Mix and match your bikinis! I like to shop for bikinis all in the same colorway; that way I can mix and match each bikini set every day on the cruise. There’s no need to bring more than 4 swimsuits when you can get more return on each one by ‘mixin and a ‘matchin.
2. Bring a handheld steamer. Wrinkles are the enemy on vacations — so a quick and easy handheld steamer like this one from Amazon (under $30.00) always does the trick. It’s easy to pack and easy to stash abroad!
3. Go for the gel manicure — it’s worth it! Salt, sand, and showers (on repeat) only call for chipped nails and broken hearts (seriously, I get way too sad when a expensive mani chips within the first two days). I don’t normally invest in a gel/shellac all year long, but a great a gel manicure that lasts 2 weeks is definitely worth the price when sailing the seas. I always hunt down a gel color that is similar to my favorite summer polish, “Mod About You.”
4. Plan! Yes, my Type A self is definitely speaking out right here! Since I do plan on posting all my fun summer cruising #ootd’s on Instagram this week, I decided to do some major outfit brainstorming pre-cruise and boy, was it worth it! A great way to pack is to write down each outfit in advance. By simply writing out — chambray shorts, peach tank, and Tory Burch flip flops (and then doing this again for each following day) — I was able to knock out 7 days of outfit planning, eliminating unnecessary items that I would have thrown in my suitcase. I know this sounds like (way too much) work — but it allowed me to eliminate about half of the pieces I was planning on taking! There’s no point in packing those “maybe” pieces for backups. Because LBH, you don’t usually end up wearing them!
5. Pack those stripes! You WILL wear them! Stripes are your new best friend (even if you didn’t know it yet). Once you pack these babies along, you’ll find yourself reaching for these casual darlings on the reg. Easy, effortless, and absolutely beachy. See below for a few of my favorite stripes that I’ll be packing.
6. Hunt down the basics. Yes — those ones you will wear each and everyday, paired with different items. See below for a few of the inexpensive basics I plan on packing.
7. Get one big all-in-one bag. Try the Reversible Vegan Tote by Street Level. I just purchased this bag to serve as a travel bag, the perfect beach bag, and a great go-to everyday bag. Plus it’s only $50! Since this bag serves multiple purposes, it will save me room in my suitcase by eliminating those unnecessary bags.
Follow along this week on Instagram and follow my Royal Caribbean adventure. See you there, darlings! Xoxo
What immediately comes to mind when you think about dressing for summer?
Florals, patterns, maxi dresses, and spaghetti straps? Bright colors, light colors, girly trends, and flow-y textures? For me, these sum up my vision of the perfect summer apparel. Since I found myself fantasizing about the ideal summer uniform, I made it my mission to find the ultimate summer dress — one that truly embodied my vision of “summer” all in one dress. This high-to-low maxi dress by June and Hudson sure does the trick and has nailed my favorite trends to a T. Wear it to your next spring/summer wedding, a graduation event or party, a date, or on your summer vacation. This timeless summer darling will make quite the statement in your warmer-weather wardrobe.
So that you can see the wonderful flow and darling details of this dress, my videographer, Jordan, and I whipped up the little lookbook youtube video above to give you an idea of the flawless texture, flow, and patterns of my favorite summer dress. PS — can you tell I’m a bit sunburned? Might have gotten a little carried away with laying out this past weekend Ooooops! Be sure to watch the video above — comment, subscribe, and scroll down for more darling links and clicks! Xo
The part I’m most excited about? Whipping out some new fun, floral, summer-esque outfits! The fun starts with this darling romper by Leith that I’m debuting today. It’s not only a super soft, cozy, and wearable playsuit that you can actually play in — but also incredibly chic and in-vogue and highlights one of summer’s hottest trends: florals.